Lets Play: NationStates

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jessiah, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Apparently I manufacture more guns than cars.

...Oh. Now I'm a Left-leaning College State. Apparently all my citizens ride to work on bicycles. With long hair and hipster clothes. And also manufacture weapons!

2. Empty

Empty Member

Like man, don't you like think that we should like, not produce guns for like world peace manannannnnn?

No way, how will we pay for our pot man?

3. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

The Holy Empire of Visuvious is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its restrictive gun laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14 million are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

The large, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 26%, but much higher for the wealthy. A very small private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing.

Military spending is on the increase, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Visuvious's national animal is the Gobulcoque, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Riyal.

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

i just made my national flag

[​IMG]

5. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

The Republic of Doggystyles is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 12 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 40%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Retail industry.

Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, education and welfare spending are on the rise, and public nudity is compulsory. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Doggystyles's national animal is the doggy, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the puppy.

So you walk in a store and:
    - How much is a hotdog?
    - 2 puppies...

6. Cloud

Cloud Member

Actually in Denmark, the 100DKR bill is often referred to as a 'hund', which means dog :V.

7. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Zeals HappyPlace is ranked 22nd in the region and 23,813th in the world for Most Godforsaken.

Sweet irony.
    And oh btw, ive just let nazis have a demonstration, freedom of speach eh? INB4 unforseen consequences...

8. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Trolls On The Dinner Table?
    The Issue

In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for EpicZeke's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that trolls could be added to the menu.
    The Debate

1. "The fact is, the troll population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Buffy Dredd. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have troll kebabs, troll pies, troll-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."

2. "I agree that something needs to be done about troll over-population," says random passer-by Samuel Dredd, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."

3. "I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Chastity Winters. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The trolls were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The troll is part of what makes EpicZeke a great nation!"

The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 3.

Gief moar trolls xD

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

For my national animal, the phoenix, that question was absurd. You cannot eat a phoenix. When it dies it turns to ash and is later reborn from the ashes. xD

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

they will re-assemble themselves inside your gut and eat there way out trouh your belly

11. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Wow. We are a pretty anti-religious area. #10 most atheistic wooo. I'M FINALLY GOOD AT SOMETHING AGAIN!

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

eww.

Do you guys do that to your criminals?

13. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Oh, and another note: We're getting pretty big. 150th most populous in the world, now.

14. Zeke

Zeke Banned

the #1 region got over a hundred times more people than us... we are still a very tiny region.

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

actually, turning into "ash" and then reproducting inside other beings guts makes sense

16. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I was imperial pig dog oppressors. Now it says champions of commerce... hmm Government propaganda that I didn't hear about?

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Hygrom, what should I say, I just went to "communists" over night from "inoffensive centrist democracy" ...

I just read that they keep changing it cause it's 1st april and some forum crap about a general direction blah

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  18. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

i too was a inoffensive centrist democracy

then communist

now its fascist

EDIT: now its communists again
    EDIT 2: aaand now its back to fascists

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  19. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

What a load of shit mine is better than it started as.

20. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I think I just got unlucky. Practically every decision I made in the first week had additional implications that weren't apparent in the issue >_>