2.25 Infantry Balance

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Beerdude26, Feb 22, 2010.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

that doesnt fit well with you wanting a semiauto sniper :D

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Nothing the scout has or does works at range except the binocs(and they dont need to be used at range). I can't stress it enough that making him a sniper will hurt teams more than help them.

I really like the idea of a quick, shotty wielding, wall hopping sabber that helps teams move up. With the nerf to sab 2.25 has it becomes strictly a team work skill instead of a "drive a turbo jeep around a wide open map sabbing refs all round" thing.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

well i agree on the it being annoying part of sabotage and hide, but i think the main problem here is hide. i think hide should get you into the base - but make you invisible, thats just rediculous.
    the scouts job should be to flank the enemy and support the attackers with crippling the defenders ability to defend aswell as providing viable intel (and if it only be to enable the commander to give wallhacks wich sadly seem to be the most fucking important part of empries anyway). finally he could serve as close quater combat expert.

some ideas that would come to mind would be to move melee upgrade and (buffed as described in tricks thread) stamina upgrade to the scout class exclusively. id really like to see the scout being able to carry a shotgun instead of the smgs, but i dont think its the guns that make the class and more its skills - yes an additional weapon for the scout ofc would be nice, but there aint enough modelers. the idea behind that would be that scouts could also be co-driver close combat anti-base/vehicle classes (sab/sticky)
    hide should change to not being completely visibel, a refraction shader would be nice. since this doesnt completely turn you invisible anyway it could even be buffed in the way that you can use it for a short time while walking.
    enh senses could turn the scout in a camera, i like that idea. and make it work like any other camera - id find it kinda odd the other way, since squad aint necessarily together all the time anyway. (also, see im not completely against surveilance - just against those unkillable wallhack madness; also i hate being so reliant on the goodwill of commanders :rolleyes:)

but i know you like working out concepts pickled - im sure this second you brains already started to work out posibilities :D

so dont just say, "uhm its bad", lets argue how we could make the scout a enjoyable class for both the scout player and his enemies - im sure sniper isnt the only solution to this ...

also this :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  4. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Re: Scout sabbing:

I think it should uncloak the offending scout and take tons longer but not be nerfed otherwise.