Css Sci Fi

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jessiah, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

This mod is fucking amazing. It can be many things depending on how you configure it with the included config executable. I have it running with realistic settings and its a fucking blast. I die more than I succeed, but like Empires, no matter the rage, it keeps you coming back for more. The visual options are fucking awesome too, so many nice tweaks that make the game feel great. Nothing like blowing through a zombie horde and getting your visor smeared with their green blood while you gasp for breath trembling :D

This mod requires CSS and the Source SDK Base to play, but don't take that as meaning it's a CSS mod. It uses some CSS maps and assets, but you fight using HL2 weapons, a few customs, and an AK47. This mod is a blast.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/css-sci-fi

Tip: When you drop a hopwire run like fuck the other way before activating it.

My config:
    Difficulty: Realistic
    Weapon inventory: By type
    Crosshair: Reticule
    HUD: None with regeneration
    Bullet time I keep forgetting to use this xD
    Performance: Improved
    Screen effects: Full
    Gore: Realistic
    Ragdoll: Realistic
    Bloom: NO!
    Game Enhancements: View Bob, Disable shooting while sprinting, Visor smearing, Recoil
    Allies: All

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I came into this thread expecting to witness rage about my weapon preferences in source.

3. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I just kicked a zombie in the face :D

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

The first time I read that I thought it said tickled.

Would DL if it did.

5. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

does it fix the broken hit boxs on CSS that valve has ignored?

6. Empty

Empty Member

:rolleyes:

CSS Sci Fi is fun, but some levels are fuckin ridiculous.

7. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

True. de_aztec took over 20 attempts for me because my tard allies wouldnt cross the bridge and the Combine stormed me. But it was still fun :)

8. Empty

Empty Member

bluehallway or something, was a fucking BITCH to do.

9. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I've just started the 2nd campaign earlier, did the first mission then quit to do homework.

10. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

If anyone would be kind enough to extract the necessary files from their CSS GCFs, I would really like to play this game :)

11. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

That's gonna be a ton of files...

12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I just did blue hall, wasn't that bad. I find typically the extraction is the hardest part of a mission, but i just held the turret up and they shot the turret while it shot them. They practically ignored me.

13. Varbles

it should only be a few maps and models D:

14. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

The only HL2 assets are some weapons, Combine (including vehicles), Rebels, zombies, and Vorts. Everything else is CSS or custom. All the maps are CSS, which means a ton of props and shit to go with it (the mod uses CSS and SDK Base, so most assets come from CSS since SDK Base is almost 100% code, hardly any ingame assets in the Base). Actually, I think the Base in terms of assets only includes characters. No maps or props or any of the stuff used to make a game world, just the occupants and their weapons and vehicles.

15. Varbles

oh ok, so i could just get all the CSS files from a friend and it would work?

16. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Possibly. My understanding is that it just uses assets, similar to how Garry's Mod mounts games to use their content. So unless it checks for the game on the account, which I don't believe it does, you just have to have the assets in the right places. You also need a Counter-Strike Source folder created under your account name, since the mod installs CSS maps to the cstrike folder. And by created, I mean you need everything it makes the first time you run CSS, when it first populates that folder. And there is absolutly no guarantee it will work.

17. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

My "/steam/steamapps/account name/counter-strike source" folder is 880mb, and that's nothing but the first run and what CSS SCI FI adds to the folder. I haven't installed any other CSS mods or played CSS online (on this install, yet). Plus you will probably need the GCF for the ak47 to work. The GCF is 1.8gb.

I'd up it for you but my upload is too low, this would take too long and I don't know you well enough for it to be worth me uploading all that for you, 2.7gb :/