Commander res stash.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I saw this mentioned offhand in another thread. I thought it deserved a suggestion thread of its own.

Everyone hates it when the comm has to restrict vehicle construction. But it's hard to save money for big purchases without doing so.

So I suggest the following: Add a 'stash res' button to the comm interface. Maybe two buttons -- stash 100 res, stash 500 res.

Pushing those buttons essentially stashes that much res in a separate pile, where your team can't use it, but the comm can use it for constructions and research. In this fashion, a comm could slowly put res into that reserve without restricting vehicles, and could reserve exactly the amount they need for some big expense a bit in advance, without having to restrict vehicle creation overall.

Money from the stash is spent before general-pool money, when the comm spends res.

Perhaps another button could release the cache back to general use, in an emergency.

Anyway, just a thought.

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Yes, I like it.
    Nothing is more irritating than have the Commander restrict vehicles to have enough res for heavies, and then forget to unrestrict after heavies.

3. recon

recon SM Support Dev

This is not a good idea... Suppose commanders save res most of the round (annoying for the team, screws with game play)? Or they save it and forget about it?

4. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Fail commander will always fail. So no valid argument for me.

For the suggestion I can think, that I could be helpful but I never needed this as commander. Restricting VF was always good enough for me.

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Remember, any res they cache will be spent first on any research or construction. So forgetting it isn't really a problem as long as you don't cache an absurd amount -- you'll just spend it quickly anyway, unless you're not building or researching (in which case your team is doomed anyway.)

And you can't really grief with it, because after you've been kicked out and replaced, someone else can just spend it or release it.

(There could be a cap on the maximum amount that could be cached at once, I suppose.)

6. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I think this is a very good idea. I would deff use this. Id set up the main account for the team and the stash account for rushes and reserch. I like it :D it would be a very good emergancy pot if ur under attack and need res quick.

The way i would play this is to like put 100 or 300 or summit thoughout the game into the pot to let it build up. Very good idea i like it :D

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Yes, plz!

8. Morbid|Death

Morbid|Death Member

How about building a bank and have this stash accumulate interest?:D

9. OuNin

OuNin Member

comm could easily do the same thing with restricting the VF

10. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Mhm... could also be used for saving some monies for rushes, slowly accumulate then flood it back into the general pool. I liek.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I actually really like this idea.

Or even more useful is if I could split the resource income I was getting into the team pool and the commander pool. That way I could allow my team vehicles to a certain extent, without having to restrict most of the time.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

a button that could donate 20% of the res pool to the commander pool, and a button that did the reverse with 20% would be best imo

this way the commander can save up, research and do stuff, and if he saves too much and its released back into the pool then fuck yea tanks :p

13. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

sounds great

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

When i saw this thread i thought it was going to be about setting a minimum amount of res that would always be available, eg: you have 1000 res, you set the minimum to 200, when somebody tries to buy something that would bring it under 200 res, it wouldn't work.

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I don't like the 100 or 500 button(to much micromanagement) but, I do like the idea of a toggle/check-box that adds % of income into a separate account for com. Not much frustrates me more then having plenty of cash to get the research and then ppl spam 4 tanks and now I can't afford what I wanted.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  16. manbeef

manbeef Member

This is good, add it.

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I would say you could stock up to 2000 res only (most expensive thing in the tech tree - i.e. Nuke) and if the money doesn't get used for 10 minutes it gets released back to the team - to prevent griefing.

A 100 res and 500 res button is good, although I kinda want a 200 res button somewhere instead - maybe 200 instead of 100.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i would definately go for a XX percentage button, since you only need 1 button to do all the work

19. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

vote kick the commander.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A CONCEPT!

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Yeah, but I don't like to do that as comm. It pisses off my team and sometimes I forgot its locked. Its also hard to guess when you should lock the VF so that you get exactly the amount of res needed when the current research finishes.