How 2.25 should be balanced

Discussion in 'Coding' started by dizzyone, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Yes, please. I usually recycle my starting rax and rebuild it on the hill. All it does is serve as a noob trap.

2. communism

communism poof

wtf i invented 60 second plan

3. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Isn't there a collision damage check done when you are rammed by another vehicle? I do remember seeing my armourless arty flash like it was taking damage when a friendly vehicle rammed me.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Pretty sure you take damage when you get rammed.
    For all the countless times I've been rammed at low health by friendly vehicles and exploded...

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Afaik you have to be going at a certain speed, so I drive my jeep over, slow down and bump him slightly, then whack on the turbo and in he goes.

6. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Start CV with no armor and not overheated. Want to rush, go ahead. Want to stay back and get the armor up, takes time.

**EDIT**
    Don't reward for repairing CV armor either, the fact your comm won't die (as soon) is reward enough.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

is that part of the changelog or a suggestion?

anyway, the comms armor doesnt matter much anyway, it is its health that allows him to boomtank ...

counter proposal, make the CV weak again but make its armor special against tank weaponry - so that the reason why the CVs got buffed like that (railguns) still is countered. it would make it easy for infantry to kill the commander, so he has to fear them, rather than being happy he can run something over ...

boomtanking is a shit mechanic - running over someone should be a last resort plan, not the required mechanic up to the point where tanks appear on the battlefield ...

8. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

Im actually ok with the 60 second overheat. It just gave me a rediculous advantage when I commed against a noob comm, you determained the outcome of the match in 60 seconds. Too OP IMO.

9. Trickster

Lol. I don't even care about my armour when I'm boomtanking, and I'll continue to boomtank until I'm on red hull health. The armour is a fraction of the overall health.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

some ideas to prevent boomtanking as a common strategy, but still make it a viable tactic while also taking out most of the insta-death chances

id say armor should be a 80/20 where 80 is the armor, and 20 is the hull health for the commander

then slowing the speed of the commander to infantry sprint speed, this makes the commander aware that he should be carefull since he probably can not run as efficiently

make the cv engine cool down way faster, like double, but make its total heat rather low somehow (if you do it script wise the heat bar does not climb all the way up to 100% anymore) this makes it evenly vulnerable to stunstickies but recover faster, also makes it vulnerable to heat weapons but recover faster

this should help the "omg close one but i escaped" events increase with the "omg they got me, i am dead" and "they didnt even get close" events being the biggest losers

so tldr; above changes should increase close calls, but decrease flawless victories by the enemy not even getting close to the cv etc and total defeats by sticky-stuns and other means when cv boomtanking

11. Trickster

Slow comm will suck.

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Make the Commander as slow as infantry sprinting speed and also make the Command vehicle act as a mobile spawn point.

.......yeah, I'm putting this in the suggestions forum. :)

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Infantry...sprint...speed. You know how long it would take for him to get to one refinery to build it? Do you know what that means? For that amount of time the comm has his eyes off his team, added to the time it takes him to actually build something, if he has to do it himself.

Comm rushing is an ok strategy. It would be much better if one of the vehicles wasn't bigger than a barracks, and would actually be able to dodge a little, but hey, we all know NF get shite vehicles except for 1.

I like the way the CV is in the tester version right now - it can get up to 50MPH, but ONLY if you're driving in a straight line. It's a respectable speed otherwise, although scout speed does bump that to 60MPH which may be a mite too fast. Probably 42 and 50MPH would be better...but we'll see. I like that you can't go two fast turning, and it takes a while to speed up, this is as it should be imo.

14. Empty

Empty Member

:rolleyes:

Everyone's butthurt about losing boomtanking.

Protip: Nobody but the fucking commander enjoys boomtanking.
    Your infantry are stressing out like fuck
    The enemy is planning a ragequit because there's a fucking 80MPH homing truck.

It sucks.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Oh HAI! I'm Ikalx, I don't boomtank, so take your misplaced arguments elsewhere ho.

16. communism

communism poof

boomtanking is invaluable if done right, people need to realize how much of a diversion it is instead of trying to get kills

17. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Why is there even boomtanking? It adds nothing overall but to amuse the commander. Gameplay wise, very little good.

18. Trickster

You only hate it because you suck at it.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Boomtanking is retarded.
    It's only a vital part of commanding because it's so ridiculously powerful if done right.

If you ask me it's broken gameplay.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yes putting the main objective in danger is a stupid strategy