Rejected Ideas Consideration

Discussion in 'General' started by CobaltBlue, Feb 10, 2010.

1. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Hey, I just saw the new suggestion folder system, which I think is a kick-ass idea, and I'm glad to see it implemented.

I went to the rejected section to see what lolzy ideas got the hammer already, and it was empty, but I did notice that Kylegar had said that it is a closed forum, which I took to mean, only mods and admins had privilege to post in there.

I can understand the gut instinct to set it up as read-only, I probably would have done the same, but when I thought about it a bit, I wanted to suggest something else.

I can clearly foresee threads hitting that folder when people haven't finished discussing them. Whether due to a butt-hurt mod, or a large pack of bickering trolls, there will inevitably be threads in that folder that aren't dead even though they have been decided, and the people that planned on posting to that thread are going to rage and just start a new thread outside of the rejected folder.

--So I was thinking it would actually be better to let people reply to rejected threads. If it is already rejected then the people posting might just as well be talking to themselves, so it's not like it hurts anything, and it saves the hassle of deleting new threads created by people who feel they still have something to say.

This really doesn't affect me either way, I just thought I'd offer the advice.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Rejected ideas would be moved in there from the in-consideration forum. When an idea is decided yea/nay, it's probably going to be universally decided by the time it gets there (JETPACKS FLAMETHROWERS MECHS OH MY).

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

You should see Rejected and Implemented as archive forums, theres usually no point in replying to threads in an archived forum, but still interesting to read them.

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Can we move the second page onward in the suggestion forums to the rejected forums? just for reference?

5. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

No.

Rejected forum isn't for the shitmasses of suggestions, but for the quality suggestions that came under consideration but were rejected for whatever reason.

6. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

kind of like my suggestion to sticky all the suggestions?