Infiltration Round 6: Casualty.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Infiltration: Round 6

Notes:
    There are rule updates. These changes will be summarised in a new post.

Introduction:
    Welcome to Infiltration. This is a game of cunning, luck, persuasion and guile. You are all stationed on a Brenodi nuclear submarine in arctic waters, running silent. Among your number are several Jekotian saboteurs, eager to destroy each and every one of you. The saboteurs are long-standing members of the camp, they could be any one of you. Over the next few nights they will attempt to murder the entire bases crew, and take the base for their own. You have to do everything in your power to stop them. The base is on a skeleton crew at this moment, with only a small contingent of military staff, and a majority of unarmed base crew.

Rules
    At the beginning of the round, several people will be randomly selected to be the Infiltrators, of the remaining people, several will be granted special roles (see below). Each day, a vote is put together and tallied, the people with the most votes are killed (if there is a tie both people tied die, if there is a 3way tie, the vote will be extended until we have a 2 way or 1 person 'wins'), after which, the night begins. Each night, the special players will use their 'powers' (Read below). They will elect their respective targets via a PM to me each night. After 24 hours, or if all targets are put in, whichever comes first, the next day dawns, and a summary of the nights events will be posted. In this summary, clues will be left. Please be explicit when you send me a target PM. Most of all, my word is law, what I say goes. You may argue it with me in PMs, but what I decide is final.

Clues
    Clues hint towards a player being a certain class, anything may be a clue, and a clue may relate to anything. Clues may relate to Avatar, Screenname, Personality, Notoriety, Famous 'deeds', past threads, Ideals, Join dates, and many other things not listed here. Some clues will be very cryptic. Others will be blatant. Clues may be found in Story Segments, story segments are written by me (not you guys), and are the only places clues may be found. Some story segments may not have clues. When a person dies in a story segment, their name will be Highlighted like that, denoting their class and that they are permanently and irrevocably DEAD. Roleplaying is not necessary or even asked of you. If you wanna do it go ahead. Day has been extended to 48 hours minimum unless all people vote, if you don't make a useful post in that time you will be kicked. (I want USEFUL POSTS, not stuff like 'lol posting to avoid kick', if you don't add to the game you'll be booted. Pay attention to who dies, if X accused Y then X died, Y is possibly an infiltrator.)
    At the end of the game, I will have a rundown of all clues, who they related to etc.

You may:
    -Discuss anything to do with the game outside of the thread.
    -Reveal your own role.
    -Fake reveal your own role.
    -Interpret and discuss Clues in this thread, IRC or private chat.
    -Vote in this thread during the 'day'.

You may not:
    -Reveal fellow Infiltrators if you are one, in this thread or outside of it. If you break this rule you will be Permanently and irrevocably removed from the current round, and any after it.
    -Talk about what you know if you are dead. This rule will get you banned from the next round, but you may participate the round after that. Do not post if you are dead unless you have a very good reason. The dead CANNOT help the living by interpreting clues or anything else. They are SPECTATORS. I mean this rule! Several people have broken this, keep it up and you will be banned from the next round.
    -Quote your role PM. Or any similar evidence of your role. The only time your role should be known for sure is upon your death or at the end of the round.

These guidelines may be updated without notice. If an issue crops up for the first time I will be lenient in punishment, but afterwards standard punishments apply.

If I fuck up in some way (blatant clues that aren't fair or something else) do not discuss it in the thread, PM me with your complaints. I'm not perfect, and I will make mistakes. If this is the case I am sorry.

Targets:
    You have 24 hours to get your targets in once night falls, if you don't get them in, get the fuck over it.

Always PM your targets to me, don't send them to the Co-GM, the Co-GMs will usually be in different time zones to me, so we cannot always share any target updates.

Do not send me targets through chat, there are security reasons for this, my terrible memory and the fact that unlike a PM, I CAN LOSE A CHAT LOG.

Questions:
    You may ask me or the Co-GM questions about rules and such, question sessions are confidential, try to reach us on steam rather than IRC. If the Co-GM is unsure or cannot answer, and I'm not available, use PMs. Nothing happens ingame unless I'm here, so you're more or less guaranteed to get the message to me before time runs out.
    Don't ask questions about clues, we can't answer them.
    Don't overinterpret what we say. When you ask a question and we reply: "I can't answer that" we mean, we can't answer that, not "He's an infiltrator but I'm not telling".

Day/Night Cycle:
    After this point, Day/Night cuts off 24 hours after it begins.
    If you don't get your votes in, tough. If you don't get your targets in, tough.
    If I'm unavailable to call the 24 hours, a Co-GM can. They won't put in story/deaths, it's simply a notification that targets/votes are closed. This notification doesn't start the next day/night however, to give you all 24 hours to make decisions.

Idlekicking:
    After this point, you will be idle kicked if you make no contribution in a night/day cycle, this is 48 hours, plenty of time. Contributing can be voting, interpreting clues, or talking to the GMs. Idlekicking will become a lot more serious, and there will be no more leeway given. Or will it?

Abstaining:
    Abstains are discarded and do not count.

Trolling:
    Stop trolling your teammates. You fucktards.

Order of hits/actions etc:
    As of now, every target given to me will take effect in a night unless stopped by an ability (medic save, saboteur)
    If a rifleman targets an infiltrator, and the infiltrator targets the rifleman, both die. If an infiltrator kills a base crew, and the infiltrator is killed by a rifleman, the infiltrator kill still goes through.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Roles:
    I will PM you with your role when you get it. If you get no PM, assume you are a crew member. Do not post with questions like 'When do we get PMs', they are handed out as soon as the first round of voting occurs.

Infiltrator
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Each night they may attempt a murder. The Infiltrators know of their comrades, and as a group they may commit a number of murders equal to their own number less one. E.G. There are 4 infiltrators, less one is 3 potential kills. The rule doesn't apply to the last infiltrator.

Commander
    The commander is unique in that he is elected on the first day.
    He cannot die until his bodyguard(s) are dead.
    Bodyguard
    • Bodyguards are assigned randomly after the comm is decided. The commander knows who his bodyguards are, and he cannot die unless they do.
    After being elected, he may choose one player to slay on the spot.
    Once during the game, he may call a double kill, when a double kill occurs, the top two people voted to die will both kick the bucket. E.G.
    Empty 5 votes
    Predom 4 votes
    Normally, I die.
    If double kill is in effect, we both die.
    If two people are tied for first or second place, then all 3 die.
    Anything higher than a triple kill will never occur.

Medic
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Can elect one player per night to 'Revive'. If that player is murdered during the night, the Medic will revive them. Medics cannot protect themselves. If there are 2 hits on a player, a medic cannot save them. The medic saves people before any hits on him occur.

Rifleman
    The rifleman takes justice into his own hands each night. He may elect to kill any player he chooses each night. His murders are subject to the same counters as Infiltrators (engineers). The Rifleman's attacks occur before infiltrators.

Scout
    The scout may spy on a player each night. He chooses a target each night and will get a piece of information that the GM (Me) chooses. This may be simply another clue, or it may be the persons class. Scouts may be given extra clues via PM without asking on certain occasions, but this is not guaranteed.

Grenadier
    The Grenadier may choose one target per night, if that person dies, their killer will be slain as well. He may only use this ability successfully once, but if the ability does not result in a death, he may re-use it the next night. After the ability has been used up, he will revert to a base crew. If he hasn't used his ability and dies, he will be revealed as a grenadier, if he has used it successfully, he will be revealed as base crew. He cannot target himself. Grenadier effects take place at the end of the night.

Engineer
    The engineer can drop ammo for one person each day.
    He will PM me his target during the day, and the target will be notified at nightfall that they have extra ammo.
    Extra ammunition allows classes which issue a target to issue two. Riflemen get two kills, grenadiers, two targets, medics, two saves. It does affect Infiltrators. If it hits a base crew or a non-target giving person, no effect occurs, and neither party is alerted to that fact.

Base Crew
    The base's crew are simply personnel in charge of maintaining operations. They have no specific powers, but their firing squad vote is worth the same as anyone elses. Base Crew are not the most powerful people in the game, but a smart Crewman who figures out the clues can be more dangerous than the Rifleman.
    Once and one time only, they can 'take the bullet' for someone else. They may choose a target, and if said target was targetted by a killing class, the crewman dies instead. If nothing occurs, the crewman looks silly, and cannot use his ability again.

Rick Role
    You know the rules, and so do I.

Players:

0. Me - GM
    0. Kylegar Co-GM
    1. aaaaaa50
    2. Mageknight
    3. Brutos
    4. PreDominance -- What the fuck is goin on in here.
    5. complete_ -- Left
    6. Z100000M
    7. God Hand
    8. Kane (dev)
    9. Metal Smith
    10. Ikalx
    11. ScardyBob
    12. Cloud
    13. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- -- Bye.
    14. blizzerd
    15. Theowningone
    16. Trickster
    17. recon
    18. Kane(notdev)
    19. Vulkanis
    20. Jessiah
    21. Foxy
    22. Aeoneth

Roles:
    4 Infiltrators
    1 Rifleman
    1 Engineer
    2 Scout
    2 Medics -- Wtf why was this 1 medic.

You can no longer sign up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
  3. Empty

Empty Member

Updates:

Rule Updates:

None.

Role Updates:

Scout
    Scouts can now send anonymous messages each night, as well as their usual investigative skills. They will PM the message to me with their target, they can only pick 1 person to message each night, and the message will be repeated as it was typed.

Engineer
    Engineers can repair security cameras, doing so will append special clues relating to the engineer and a person of any special role, generally infiltrators.

4. Empty

Empty Member

All 8 PMs are out.
    That was just painful. The antiflood control sucks ass.

The fan slowly span around, upon each revolution a small clicking noise sounded as the unevenly weighted blades pushed it around.
    Steam rose off the man in the chair's body, his expression was blank.
    "Do not try my patience." Empty asked the seated man.
    "I have had enough of your Jekotian bullshit, who are your comrades?" he continued.
    The man refused to speak.
    "I didn't want it to come to this." Empty stated, as he raised his pistol and slammed the butt across Kylegars face.
    The Jekotian's expression didn't change, a bruise began to fade into view on the side of his head.
    Two men stepped into the room.
    "He's not talking." Empty sighed. He placed the pistol on the desk and turned to the newcomers.
    "The intel said his capture was set up, he's supposed to be in here." the first man said.
    "I know what intel says, and I know that he's not saying anything." Empty replied, wiping sweat from his brow.
    The war prison was a temporary one, placed in arid territory, it contained mostly war prisoners, and a small staff ran the facility, there was no need for a large number of guards, if someone made an attempt at escape they'd simply open fire on them, and anyone else who made a move. The facility's location was on open plains though, anyone who did manage to escape wouldn't make it very far without being worn down by the blistering heat, or being shot down by a sniper due to the complete lack of cover for miles. The walls had guard towers and large imposing autoturrets every 10 meters, alternating. The autoturrets were disabled for the moment, but at the push of a red button in the guards quarters they would open fire, indiscriminantly. Even guards would be shot on site.
    That was small comfort though, there was no air conditioning anywhere in the facility, and it was a constant sweltering 40 degrees celsius.
    Kylegar slipped one arm out of the brace which held it to the chairs arm. He reached for the pistol.
    Empty heard a clatter and swung on the spot, Kylegar fumbled with the pistol and he pulled the trigger, a shot enterred Empty's lower torso and he doubled over in pain. He clutched his stomach with one hand and swiped at the pistol with the other, it clattered to the floor and Kylegar began working on freeing his second arm. Empty began to right himself and applied pressure to his wound. He limped towards the pistol on the floor and grasped it with his remaining arm.
    He stood slowly.
    "You fucking son of a bitch." he said, as he pulled the trigger and sprayed Kylegar's brains across the wall.
    He slowly turned to the two men who had enterred the room.
    "Why the fuck didn't you two he-"
    Empty was cut off by a facefull of buckshot.

"This does not bode well comrade." the first man said.
    "Agreed. We will maintain a low profile for now."
    They stepped out of the room and headed for the office blocks.

The off duty guards gathered weapons and ran to the interrogation rooms, where they found the two bodies.
    The prison was locked down immediately, but no escaped prisoners were found anywhere.
    The traitors were among the staff.
    With no Warden, they began to form a plan of action.

Day has begun.
    Set votes from comm, to kill.
    No comm this round, fire at will.

5. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Welcome to hell boys

oh, and fumbled with the pistol? I could have atleast been grinning :P

6. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Lack of cover. No shade.

No cloud.

Ie. Get rid of cloud.

I vote cloud.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

kylegar you gunlover

anyway, are the "autoturrets" part of the game? as in will we be able to use them somehow ether in story or by activating them somehow?

8. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

KILL BLIZZERD HE WANTS TO LURE US OUT WITH DELICIOUS CAKE AND THEN KILL US ALL WITH THE AUTOMATED TURRENTS!!!
    <c-c-c-capsbreaker>

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

NO BRUTOS we should stick together, infact, incidentally i have ordered a large bag of crackers to celebrate the continued collaboration of the base

we just need some grinded meat on it, would you care to go look in the courtyard to see if there's any meat we can use?

10. Brutos

I'm a vegetarian, I don't require meat to be happy.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

well... why dont you... walk out into the courtyard anyway... for... seeing... if something is suspicious?

12. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

I'm not yet sure whom to vote, but in the meantime I am going to investigate the clues.

13. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

Ah, I am done. Now let's look at the following list,

Now look at this, someones first round of infiltration and someone that just recently signed up to the forums.

God Hand(Jan 2010)

Now look at God Hand's post in the signup thread.
    Now look at empty's reply:
    Now again, look at God Hand's reply:
    Now, isn't that a coincidence? ;)

But, as told in the story, there were 2 newcomers. Above was the list of people that signed up in round 6.

Below is a list of people that signed up in round 5.

List of people that signed up in round 6:

I colored everyone that signed up during round 5, Green.
    For those that did not sign up in round 5, but did in round 6, Red.

So at the end we have(People that did sign up in round 6, but didn't in round 5):

1. God Hand
    2. Kane (Dev)
    3. Recon
    4. Jessiah

With God Hand both having recently joined and having signed up for the first time.

I vote God Hand.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i dont want to make myself suspicious, but i did not participate round 5

your logic is kinda weird

15. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

You were co-GM, that counts as well(you participated in the round).

16. Brutos

Newcomers might hint to the join date for the forums.

Astro
    Vulkanis
    God Hand

Are pretty new to our forum.

Since God Hand is on both my and Vulkanis list, I also vote to kill God Hand.

17. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

weird logic =/= good logic

Aeoneth walked toward the interrogation cell. Empty's splattered brains all over the walls. The sight wanted to make him vomit, but he held his lunch and looked for clues.

"There's nothing here," he thought, "Well at least nothing I can immediately identify. Yes, something must be here."

He heard the others squabbling in the hallway.
    "The fool's are going to get themselves killed, just like those boys on the HMS Default. God help us all."

Also im pretty sure the auto turrets will be how we vote kill, hence why empty said they will kill even guards.

Also I spy with my little eye... spelling errors (clues?)
    Empty really sucks at spelling entered.

18. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Kill the new f- ... guy huh?
    But Empty used the word "newcommers" in other rounds, too ...
    (quite sure of it, can't confirm it though:pathetic:)
    Maybe again a hint to an Empires Dev/Mapper/Artist? Just a guess...
    Maybe:
    Brutos, Kane(dev), Recon, Trickster? (I don't think it's a dev, else something along the line "high ranked" would have appeared)
    Who else, beside trix, has a mapper status?
    Well, I don't know if that even IS a valid clue ... Empty...:pathetic:
    But again, I've to remind you NOT TO BANDWAGGON like some mindless ghouls (think, then if you have no idea, bandwaggon if necassary...)

I vote Trickster for the time being .... because I've no (good/other) clue ...

(There's a high probablility that I change to someone else after I'd some time to seach for clues, but now I've to learn and a cold, bad mixture if you ask me ...)

19. Brutos

Only I'm among the empires "staff". Kane is Cold Trap; Trickster Dies Irae.

We don't have any official mappers atm i think. So that clue is not that awesome. If it targets only me, and it seems to be meant for all traitors.

20. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I lovevote Kane(dev) because of the staff clue, and until another clue comes up.