custom sounds!!!

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by harryhoot1, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I am at a loss why there are no actual sound packs (read: not ripped from another game or mod, kudos to original poster for doing his best tho) for Empires if everyone says they're so easy to make. I am fully expecting at least 3 studio-grade sound packs: one from Complete_moron, one from Sandbag and one from Satanchild666. One month should be enough amirite

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I have done some custom sounds for Empires but not the standard weapons of Empires, so I can't use them and at the moment there isn't enough variety in weapon script to have different sounds for mgs, for example, they use all one and same sound file.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

We need some standard sounds like that first. :p

4. ba'al

ba'al Member

First of all: EMPIRE'S SOUNDTRACK SOUNDS ALMOST PROFESSIONAL.
    Second: Dont just say that sound is "unrealistic" and that "they make no sense" without giving examples or proof.
    Third: If sounds suck that much make your own.

5. ba'al

ba'al Member

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

can someone host the original empires northern faction rifle fire.wav sound? i accidentally overwrote it with a custom rifle sound i was mixing

7. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Ok, First off.... Fuck you.

I know your fairly new to this community but you have not the slightest idea that crap I had to replace that was just thrown together. Take for example the NF voices, I contracted a professional voice actor to replace those, yeah the lines have always been goofy but take covar is not just some goofy meme, nay, it is cultural law here.

Second you can blame the coders, alot of my better stuff has been collecting dust, because the coders are to lazy to put in things like... Loop support because according to CB 'It's just too hard to code'. Even had a system designed for distance for far off gunfights going on in the game, the kinda system you hear in Company of Heroes'.

Third, being in the military and having a secret security clearance DOES NOT give me free access to the armory any time I want to do quality stuff. A lot of the sounds are good, and a lot of them suck, but different team members added their own stuff, and a lot of the sounds that are sub-par weren't even added by me in the first place.

And lastly I think we've come a very long way from THIS:
    [​IMG]

8. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

OMFG HOW TO GET EMPIRES 6.0!?

9. Angry

Angry Junior Member

You mean Empires 1942 v 0.1?

10. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

11. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Technically that card would have been no use to me because this was actually in the middle of the first page. Plus since I've been a member of this community since 2001 and a developer for over well over two years what I had to say was pretty relevant.

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

But that swamp mana and universal mana could have been used for something else, like a zombie

13. Demented

Demented Member

The default is 20 threads per page. Which would put this thread squarely at the bottom of the first page, but still on it.

Nonetheless, your reply is 9 months out of date.
    Satanchild doesn't seem to be around anymore, and Beerdude probably doesn't remember making that post.

14. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Even so I had to defend my honor, also Japan is awesome, wish you were here.

15. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

um
    I'm the OP, does anyone download these sounds anymore?

16. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

*raises hand*

Also, angry is a cock.
    And Hamster is stupid. It isn't called 'universal' mana because it can't be used in place of a mana of a certain color. It is 'colourless mana'.
    <filler>

contributing!