Infiltration Round 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Infiltration: Round 2

RE READ THE RULES SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED

Notes:
    This round there are less roles total, no commander and the base crew will be the majority. There will be no riflemen so you guys have to VOTE or you will LOSE!

Introduction:
    Welcome to Infiltration. This is a game of cunning, luck, persuasion and guile. You are all stationed on a Brenodi supply camp near the battlefield known only as 'Canyon'. Among your number are several Jekotian saboteurs, eager to destroy each and every one of you. The saboteurs are long-standing members of the camp, they could be any one of you. Over the next few nights they will attempt to murder the entire bases crew, and take the base for their own. You have to do everything in your power to stop them. The base is on a skeleton crew at this moment, with only a small contingent of military staff, and a majority of unarmed base crew.

Rules
    At the beginning of the round, several people will be randomly selected to be the Infiltrators, of the remaining people, several will be granted special roles (see below). Each day, a vote is put together and tallied, the people with the most votes are killed (if there is a tie both people tied die), after which, the night begins. Each night, the special players will use their 'powers' (Read below). They will elect their respective targets via a PM to me each night. After 24 hours, or if all targets are put in, whichever comes first, the next day dawns, and a summary of the nights events will be posted. In this summary, clues will be left. Please be explicit when you send me a target PM. Most of all, my word is law, what I say goes. You may argue it with me in PMs, but what I decide is final.

Clues
    Clues hint towards a player being a certain class, anything may be a clue, and a clue may relate to anything. Clues may relate to Avatar, Screenname, Personality, Notoriety, Famous 'deeds', past threads, Ideals, Join dates, and many other things not listed here. Some clues will be very cryptic. Others will be blatant. Clues may be found in Story Segments, story segments are written by me (not you guys), and are the only places clues may be found. Some story segments may not have clues. When a person dies in a story segment, their name will be Highlighted like that, denoting their class and that they are permanently and irrevocably DEAD. Roleplaying is not necessary or even asked of you. If you wanna do it go ahead. Day has been extended to 48 hours minimum unless all people vote, if you don't make a useful post in that time you will be kicked. (I want USEFUL POSTS, not stuff like 'lol posting to avoid kick', if you don't add to the game you'll be booted. Pay attention to who dies, if X accused Y then X died, Y is possibly an infiltrator.)
    At the end of the game, I will have a rundown of all clues, who they related to etc.

You may:
    -Discuss anything to do with the game outside of the thread.
    -Reveal your own role.
    -Fake reveal your own role.
    -Interpret and discuss Clues in this thread IRC or private chat.
    -Vote in this thread during the 'day'.

You may not:
    -Reveal fellow Infiltrators if you are one, in this thread or outside of it. If you break this rule you will be Permanently and irrevocably removed from the current round, and any after it.
    -Talk about what you know if you are dead. This rule will get you banned from the next round, but you may participate the round after that. Do not post if you are dead unless you have a very good reason. The dead CANNOT help the living by interpreting clues or anything else. They are SPECTATORS.
    -Quote your role PM. Or any similar evidence of your role. The only time your role should be known for sure is upon your death or at the end of the round.

These guidelines may be updated without notice. If an issue crops up for the first time I will be lenient in punishment, but afterwards standard punishments apply.

If I fuck up in some way (blatant clues that aren't fair or something else) do not discuss it in the thread, PM me with your complaints. I'm not perfect, and I will make mistakes. If this is the case I am sorry.

Roles:
    I will PM you with your role when you get it. If you get no PM, assume you are a crew member. Do not post with questions like 'When do we get PMs', they are handed out as soon as the first round of voting occurs.

Infiltrator
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Each night they may attempt a murder. The Infiltrators know of their comrades, and as a group they may commit a number of murders equal to their own number less one. E.G. There are 4 infiltrators, less one is 3 potential kills. The rule doesn't apply to the last infiltrator.

Medic
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Can elect one player per night to 'Revive'. If that player is murdered during the night, the Medic will revive them. Medics cannot protect themselves. If there are 2 hits on a player, a medic cannot save them. The medic saves people before any hits on him occur.

Rifleman
    The rifleman takes justice into his own hands each night. He may elect to kill any player he chooses each night. His murders are subject to the same counters as Infiltrators (engineers). The Rifleman's attacks occur before infiltrators.

Scout
    The scout may spy on a player each night. He chooses a target each night and will get a piece of information that the GM (Me) chooses. This may be simply another clue, or it may be the persons class. Scouts may be given extra clues via PM without asking on certain occasions, but this is not guaranteed. The scout gets information before murders take place.

Base Crew
    The base's crew are simply personnel in charge of maintaining operations. They have no specific powers, but their firing squad vote is worth the same as anyone elses. Base Crew are not the most powerful people in the game, but a smart Crewman who figures out the clues can be more dangerous than the Rifleman.

Rick Role
    You know the rules, and so do I.

Players:

0. Me
    1. Varbles
    2. Blizzerd
    3. Grantrithor Kicked for AFK
    4. complete_
    5. Sandbag
    6. Rolsen
    7. Cpatton
    8. Mcgyver
    9. Ikalx
    10. Communism - Kicked for Idling
    11. Scardybob
    12. Nattaboy
    13. Brutos
    14. Cloud
    15. Foxy
    16. Kane (NotDev)
    17. Deadpool
    18. Shadow187 Predominance
    19. aaaaaa50
    20. Mageknight

This round we will have.
    4 Infiltrators
    2 Scouts
    2 Medics

You can no longer join.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Empty sat in his office humming quietly as he sifted through the tons of paperwork lying ahead of him.

"So much paperwork. Always paperwork. 'You reloaded, have 500 pages to fill in'.
    They say it's hard commanding a platoon and running a battle. I tell you what the hardest part comes after a fight. Dealing with HQ..."

He continued humming as he looked through his paper's, a shadow passed over him. He looked up.
    "Actually, the hardest part is this one."
    The silhouetted figure brought his silenced pistol upwards and shot Empty in the face.
    "And now the fun begins."
    The Jekotian spy left the office.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

*reserved for first non-OP comment*

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

couldn't you have come up with something original?

5. Empty

Empty Member

At least I changed where we are :V

Someone link me the map of the world and I'll pick a spot.
    PM'S HAVE BEEN SENT DO NOT ASK DUMB QUESTIONS LIKE 'WHERE ARE THE PMS' THEY ARE ALREADY SENT FFFUUUUU

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

also what does guile mean

8. Empty

Empty Member

The base's crew gathered in the mess hall.
    They formed a circle around one person.
    A loud voice boomed above the chatter.
    "Alright, shut the fuck up. We've got problems.
    It seems we have a spy on our hands. A Jekotian supporter, and he's killed our commander.
    Now it's sad that we had to lose our commander and for most of us, our friend Empty, but now isn't the time for grief. We have to hunt down the spy, and kill him, and anyone else who supports him. We've got very little to go on, so I don't know what we should do to track him down, but everyone should keep their eyes peeled and their pistols ready." Cpatton sat down.
    Discussion broke out and spread like fire amongst the crowd. Some people were angry, others sombre, and a few cried out for vengeance. Some names were even shouted.
    One voice stood out.
    "I reckon we should kill someone, as a message to the spies, show them we aren't fucking around." cried aaaaaa50
    Many disagreed, but the crowd was bloodthirsty now, and the majority were ready to kill.

Get voting, who is the weakest link? Who can't stay on survivor island? Who is the Mole? Yeah. That's about it. Just vote.

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Sry guys, empty put a typo in there. By "friend" he means "idiot"... also failed references from the year 2000 to survivor, way to be a decade old. Fucker mustive been senile, I don't know why I'm upset at all -_-. I now return you to your regularly scheduled self flattery from Empty ^^.

10. Empty

Empty Member

q_q
    q_q

11. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

"now isn't the time for grief"

-infiltrator isn't (or is, but that would be a bit backward) a griefer.
    -possibly an admin on a server
    -possibly owns a server
    -probably someone who commands a bit of power?

I vote we kill aaaaaa50, because his suggestion that we kill someone is stupid. "lol lets kill someone!" also because I have nothing else to go on.

edit: man that shadow thing is too obvious, i really hope for shadow's sake that he isn't an infiltrator because that's a shitty way to go. he got killed early last round too

12. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

"keep their eyes peeled"

Grantrithor
    Ikalx
    Mageknight

Only people with i's in their names. Possibly scouts

edit: a tip to find clues is to look for uncharacteristically worded phrases and unnecessary information provided

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i have an I too, not wanna make myself suspicious, but your logic makes no sense and if your clues are truly the ones we are supposed to look for then i can find a hundred in that short line empty typed

i don't think empty will hide most of them THAT far away, maybe some but not most

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

edit; guys please help me win a bet, dont vote shadow out on first round? nether voters or infiltrators, il try to repay the deed accordingly when the game ends :D

just this first round

15. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

double posting is the new

16. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

cruise control for cool

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i expected people to have posted by now, sorry

anyway i vote cpatton because i have to vote for someone and he said he wasnt really interested in playing anyway

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ikalx stopped chewing on a bit of lamb steak and laughed scathingly. "Pfft...yeah right. The truth of the matter is that whoever you kill right now, is a sacrifice. By blind luck you could nab yourself an infiltrator, but it'd be like gettin' picked as consort for our Empress. No way in fuckin' hell that gonna happen here."

He gestured around the hall with his steak knife. "But whatever, continue your witch hunt if you want. I'll save my votin' for some evidence, hard or otherwise...unless," he paused meaningfully "it's to save my own damn neck, of course."

19. Empty

Empty Member

aaaaaa50 - 1
    Cpatton - 1

20. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

cpatton revealed his mighty penis, which proved by its enormous size that he indeed, was of pure brenodi blood

I showed you mine, now you show me yours :D (or are penises against the rules just like PMs in the first round)?