Hardkor 44- Polish Steampunk reimagining of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by @@@@Marcin@@@@, Oct 24, 2009.

1. REX

REX Member

Yes but this has BOTH at the SAME time. The mag is in and I know that gun. The danish army used it and nicknamed it "Virgin madsen" m/48.

2. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bren_light_machine_gun

The Bren isn't one of them.

The did design the TADEN after the war to be belt fed, as the Bren mags were not the cheapest thing ever, and in battle soldiers would drop the empty mag instead of hold onto it. For covering fire, belt fed would be superior, but the Bren was designed pre-war with the Czechs. It actually saw service through the 70s and into the 80s, I believe.

Oh, and for all you gun lovers, enjoy some girls with your guns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VeronicaFoster-RonnieBrenGunGirl-smoke.jpg

That was an actual poster used for propaganda in Canada.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  3. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Kind of like how the Americans glorify the Alamo.

Attempting to defy a certain fate is decidedly badass. It has been a common theme of literature since the origins of western literature when Homer wrote about it in The Iliad.

To me, there's something mystical about stories where someone tries to defy fate and fights against impossible odds. And for some reason, the story feels incomplete if that person succeeds. I am filled with more of a sense of completeness if that person fails and dies trying to fight against impossible odds (indeed, they would not have been impossible if he succeeds).

Which is why this story looks and sounds amazing.

When I first looked at it, I just assumed that the belt wasn't connected and continued around his side. It still looks that way due to shadowing but I could see how you would say that it's attached to the gun.

4. REX

REX Member

Oh I can see that... also the belt seems to be turned the wrong way to go in the gun.

5. teh_ham

teh_ham Member

This looks pretty cool. Shame about the German players posting here going on about Hitler and shit, though.

6. Cloud

Cloud Member

Emergency suicide function perhaps? :V

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i think its like a belt of supply ammo

8. REX

REX Member

Looks very much like an mg42 linked belt that goes apart when used. mostly used for vehicles. But I guess you could say its stolen ammoz or something. Just an unlucky placement.

But who knows.... I will have to watch it to find out

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

too bad none of us is german ... :rolleyes:

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Depends what story it is. Something like Black Hawk Down (book or movie) is pretty accurate...and the ending sucks - it really does. Because it's the real ending. The US went into a war thinking special ops could alone win it with their hands tied behind their backs (Thanks President Clinton, you're fucking brilliant...or not.) and it ended in a waste of life on all sides. It ended with a bunch of guys being killed, and some of them dragged through the streets by fucking savages (you'll get what I mean to the full extent if you've read the book. All soldiers on the second chopper to crash were alive after the crash, and were later beaten/shot to death, and then dragged through the streets along with the two delta snipers who tried to support them.) Not a satisfying ending to the story...it's really not.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009