Neotokyo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rellik_pt, Jul 1, 2009.

1. o_O

o_O Member

Playing this reminds me how awesome dystopia and empires are. Its not a bad game at all, but its the same old run around and shoot people with boring guns. Except sometimes their *cloaked* and you have to steal the ghost instead of set up the bomb.

* after playing NS, The Hidden, and emp, it isn't really cloaking just "harder to see if your standing still" mode.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm a beta tester and I can say a lot of work went into balancing this patch, but overall weapons are deadlier. And that first weapon doesn't suck so much anymore. Finally, there is a map covered in japanese women lacking clothing. Awesome patch tbh.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Pics plz.

5. Trickster

It's called nt_redlight_ctg

Also, top secret pics from Neotokyo Tester stuff:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Is the naked guy hanging from a table billboard still in the game? If so, fail.

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Did they change the way the ghost works? One of the biggest problems was that nobody actually wanted to carry the ghost because of the sitting duck feeling.

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

You're only a sitting duck if you have it out. Else you do get your pistol....

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You get a pistol and a wallhack for the enemy team on you. Not really enjoyable.

10. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

So, is it dead yet? I haven't played since launch and wonder how active it is now compared to then.

11. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Still PLENTY of full servers whenever I play.

As for the ghost: Get a friend, both get mics...one wallhacks, one kills. mroe than one person guarding the ghost is made of more win. Last person alive? Well...don't pick it up.

12. Trickster

If you're the last person, pick it up, run, get tags on people, throw it, they'll be drawn, cover it, and even det pack it if you can.

13. Empty

Empty Member

The problem with that is you're last man standing and a recon.
    AKA fucked.

Go support, last man standing, spam smoke, rofl at your enemies as you rape them when they try to assault the ghost.
    I've capped the ghost as the last man standing like 6 times as support, it's fucking hard, but it's also fucking awesome to get the cheers next round as everyone spawns in and can use their mic again.

14. Trickster

Recon has det packs. I fail to see the issue.

15. Empty

Empty Member

They're also glass cannons, without the cannon part. Glass BB guns?

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Recons move a lot faster, making it easier to outrun the likely long-lasting troops - support, and keep ahead of other recons, while capping the ghost. I was surprised just how high the survivability was tbh.

I forget, can they also use their crazy jump while ghost-carrying? Or is that restricted :confused:

17. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

havn't played since the latest patch, but still. I always grab the ghost. use the wallhack ability for your team via your mic, and your team will have the upper hand despite being a gun down.

It seems like a game perfect for the casual gamer with a mic on a team with other people with mics.

It's not so common to get a chatty server in europe, unless it's a small bunch of sarcy brits that know each other IRL. this is true in TF2 too. like, i have never EVER seen a tf2 server as chatty as the american nomnomnom server (http://www.youtube.com/user/nomnomnomtf2)... which sucks :(

europeans on the internet are reserved. I think there's a bigger gamer culture in the US

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's just their easy going nature. It'd be wrong to say we don't have chatty servers across the board though...I think it's just a little rarer than ze americans.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Everyone moves at the same speed with the ghost, I don't think they can highjump.

I enjoy the aussie community, but the gameplay is too harsh for you guys to come join us on our 300 ping to you servers.

20. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Yeah - Recons do not do well with the ghost.

At the same time, Recons get the AWP with a high enough score...and on certain maps, that one person can alone win the round pretty much (like that outdoor snow map where one team starts in a house, and one outside - either side having the AWP is a winning ticket, sadly.

I've had mixed results with recon...sometimes I'm able to rape...sometimes I get raped in the first minute or two. None of the three class options is really my favorite...which I guess is good balance wise.

I will say that game has some really bad maps on it...painfully bad maps at times.