Hamsters posting his shitty dreams so why not me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jessiah, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

This thread is now about how hawt/ugly [​IMG] is. Discuss.

(Can a mod add a poll for this?)

I think the eyes and freckles are beautiful :3

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

MY dreams aren't shitty

3. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

For some reason I actually remember fragments of a dream I had today, I was located in some sort of apocalyptic future-city half filled with water and there were old shipwrecks scattered across the place, I remember one had penetrated a huge scyscraper but it still stood.

Someone needs to invent a dream recorder.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

@Hamster: Yes they are
    @Mash: Go invent one. DO IT NOW!

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I once had a fun dream.

I am walking through a forest, there are no leaves on the trees and it is cold, so I surmise it is winter, however the ground, although the sky grey. Somehow the landscape seems dark, although the sky is not. The forest lacks colour, many colours bleed to grey for me anyway but this is almost monochrome, the ground is a dark brownish grey, the trees a mid-grey, and the sky a light grey, verging on white.

The forest is silent, absolutely silent, there is no wind or birdsong, which strikes me as odd because I would have expected both. It occurs to me that there is an odd smell, the floor is clear of leaves and as aforementioned, dry, so I don't think it is leafmould.

I feel compelled to look around, I find silence unsettling in any situation but to experience it in a place which should be noisy is doubly so. I see nothing moving, or out of place, until I look up.

Somehow, hanging above me in the branches, are lots of animal corpses. Most of them are missing patches of skin and muscle tissue, all of them are looking directly at me. They now extend to the limits of my vision in all directions, like a grisly orchard.

As begin to look back up, all the carcasses disconnect from the trees and begin to fall, this happens at normal speed but I am acutely aware of details, there is still no sound at all, as I look directly above me I see a deer with a large portion of its jaw exposed and bare muscle up to and around the eye on one side of its head. It falls directly towards me and I hear the first sound. It sounds like what you get if you drop a piece of uncooked meat onto a flat surface, a sort of wet slap, but amplified beyond belief and instead of just one there is a chorus of them, I wake up just as the deer hits me with an image of its eye still visible over my room.

I usually have nightmares if I dream at all, and I remember no other dreams for long. I have quite a good memory for nightmares however.

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Everyone has a good memory for nightmares compared to dreams. Fear is remembered easier than joy.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't know about that, I can remember many times I was happy while awake, I have to think to remember times I wasn't, it's just when I'm asleep it's backwards, and the nice dreams are non existant.

8. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I also had a cool dream tonight.

I saw this most beautiful girl in the world.

And then I fucked her.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Son dissapoint etc.

10. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

Thats a lame dream BitterJesus, if you dream about having sex with a girl then it means that you're obviously lacking some activity in real life. That, or you're gay.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Or secretly in love with your mother.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i often had terrible nightmares when sleeping till i waked up crying

i started taking controle of my dreams and now i dream whatever i want to dream, mostly i dream of how to solve problems at work or for mapping in hammer and how the map would play etc

for example, the map emp_4sides i dreamth about at first then build a mockup in rl and refined it in my dreams

i have come to a point where i ether create a dream at night as i want, or i dont dream/dont remember dreaming

anyway, i prefer it this way!

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think I prefer my nightmares. It's nice to have some unknowns in your life which can't really hurt you but which can still scare the shit out of you.

14. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

Nightmares aren't nice when they are related to a phobia that you have. I have had numerous nightmares in which there are spiders, big heights, and involve me drowning. Not nice.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's super effective.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Bizzarely I have something of a phobia of being crushed to death by mutilated animal carcasses. It's irrational I know.

It's still nice to not be in control of my dreams.

17. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

how to control?

18. communism

communism poof

Shes hot, did you fuck her?

19. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

hamster I posted info on how to control dreams on the BSID forums....and if u can take control of your dream then you are having a lucid dream.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Eww.. No shes not, more freckle than face!

I posted about and how to have lucid dreams on the JPL site before you even joined BSID! I win!