What?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by John Example, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Example

John Example Member

Sniper Rifles (or anything to do with making the scout rifle into a sniper)
    Empires doesn't want snipers, due to the large distance of maps, which would make sniping pitifully overpowered. The current ranged rifle is being removed
    -Taken from the Suggestion thread guidelines - Read this first! thread in the Suggestions forum.
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=5041

Exactly who is "empires" almost everyone I've talked to in the game said they liked sniping and complained because the headshot was nerfed.
    Large maps are not an excuse to exclude a sniper.2 headshots to kill someone is also ridiculous.
    If I'm wrong please tell me...I personally think its just the dev. team not liking snipers. :headshot:

And if your going to get all mad and flame me,at least don't get rid of the rifle...because almost all fps's have some sort of sniper.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

it used to be fairly good at sniping and as a result maps were bogged down by counter snipers having to ferret out the sniper. really detracted from the "gather territory to get $ to build tanks" that empires is supposed to be.

3. John Example

John Example Member

I'm mainly angry because everytime i shoot someone in the head they just pop back behind cover and get healed, then pop up again.and the fact they are removing the scout rifle entirely.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

If the scout rifle were an effective sniper weapon, then most matches would only be scouts sniping each other. Essentially, it breaks the entire balance and intended game play.

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

Yes because all the armies in the world have their soldiers equipped with sniper rifles and nothing else. HURR DURR CLOSE QUARTER FIGHTAN IS FOR CAVEMEN

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Empires has nothing to do with real combats. There you will never have a starting base for enemies, from where most enemies are walking in the same direction across an open field although they know that there are snipers.

Empires is all about rushing the enemy base. And with effective snipers we would have boring games, where both teams are turteling.

7. zenarion

zenarion Member

We have that already. Even without snipers.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its basically like this, imagine a huge room, both teams start at opposite endings and you have to choose from a load of random weapons all for medium to close range... and the sniper

only the sniper is good at those really really long ranges

what weapon will you pick?

9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

uh, the carbine is the next sniper rifle. if anything encourages worthless fucking campers, it's the carbine and HMG. wow, let's design a weapon that can only be fired effectively while prone. but oh no, empires is all about arcade fast-paced close combat gameplay where we take refs, build bases and tanks. except we designed infantry weapons that can only be used while prone and another that's a 3-shot death lazor from any distance you can see someone.

you can go 20:1 with the sniper rifle, or you can go 40:5 in a third of the time with the carbine. what is worse?

every argument i have ever heard against the sniper rifle is bullshit. I am part of the fucking community and i say let it stay. I love playing rifleman and i'm glad to see they are strong but there is no counter for rifleman at the moment except other riflemen. why not let the scout rifle fill that niche? let's give scout a marksman feat that lets him do triple damage with headshots. with some improvements to the head hitbox(especially while prone), scouts could be a counter to camping riflemen.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I can probably beat 99% of the BECAR users with my BEAR for KPD. And just beat them in general with the NFAR. They're so much more versatile and still accurate if you use them right.

11. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

But if we change the sniper rifle to instant kill headshots it will be very lame.
    You get killed from far away and have no opportunity to counter, because the enemy is invisible shortly after shooting.
    This is the main cause, why I don't like snipers.

A rifleman is mostly very visible. So you have the opportunity to come back and kill him.

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

That the carbine is ridiculously overpowered is another topic. (btw. its so
    overpowered because some players whined for weeks that its impossible to kill people with it...)

I dont like a one shot, one kill sniper rifle because its to easy to do that.
    Alling the crosshair with the pixel that is the enemys head at a distance
    isnt that hard.
    If the scoutrifle would be like the css awp their would be no need for
    another weapon exept for close quarter building combat.

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

Good enough. :p

Anyway, it wont be gone for a while, enjoy it until then, and stop talking about it, we've heard it all before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.