Let comms set spawnpoint spawn-facing direction.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

It would be really neat if a comm could click on a spawnpoint, then drag in a direction to make people face that direction when they spawn -- or something along those lines. This would require either having it work through the structure, or showing a little 'spawn' orb they use to do it.

Basically, you can already rotate structures, yes -- but giving the comm the ability to dynamically set (and change) spawn-facing for an existing spawn would be a useful way for them to subtly guide how their team operates, without, I think, getting too much in anyone's way.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Put a spawn arrow on the barracks for when you place it, so you know which direction people will face when they spawn.

Being able to change it afterwards may be a good, or bad idea. Can be abused though, I think.

3. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

Hm, usually there's just two directions which you want to face after spawning: those towards the rax exits.
    So unless you align your raxes with possible targets, I see limited use for this. It wouldn't make sense for APCs either.
    What's left are rax-less spawnpoints, but I can't seem to recall a comm map with those right now...

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

hmm i think that in be rax people can spawn facing either first or second exit, but im unsure about that

edit: but if they do spawn facing one exit, then its a good idea

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

SPAWN BACKWARDS!!

haha some one had to say it

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

You mean type it :cute:

anyways, I don't see how this would work without consistently confusing the player. Not to mention this is, yet another, complex thing new comms DO not want to learn.