Sabotage Smoke

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CobaltBlue, Mar 15, 2009.

1. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Scouts can now once again be useful when they get in the enemy base. I think there are now 2 important things that need to happen to make this change workable.
    1. The smoking-perfect-health-building glitch needs to be fixed.
    2. Sabotaged buildings need to have an indicator.
    The purple smoke was the old method. I think that is definitely the way to go, although I always found "purple" to be a bit goofy. I would personally suggest using 2 different shades of grey, really dark and really light. One for damage and pre-build, and the other for sabotaged.

2. flounder

flounder Member

The new Orange Box smoke is broken. I don't even know if they intended to remove the purple smoke.

3. communism

communism poof

The sabotage smoke had been discussed. It seemed we came to the conclusion that having a racks with normal smoke is more beneficial to the scout than a huge "PURP SMOKE KILL THE DUDE" sign

4. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Yes. Normal smoke WOULD be more beneficial to the scout. --And with gimpy scouts I would agree with benefiting the scout, but with uber-destructo-scouts I don't think they need the benefit. Plus, you can't even tell if something is wrong with a building by smoke ATM.

Anyone who has been a scout so far in 2.23 would probably agree, they need no extra help.

5. zynaps

zynaps Member

That's the thing, engineers will have to learn that Smoke = Bad, regardless of if it is smoking due to sabotage or by enemy fire. Repairing smoking buildings is part of their job after all.

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

That would be awesome yes. I hate having to change from grenadier to engineer to repair a smoking rax, only to find out it's at full health. Certainly when you walk a long way to repair it and have to go back again all that way for nothing.

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont think scouts are now totaly overpowered,
    people just dont bother to look after scouts.

8. flounder

flounder Member

Maybe you should discuss more. And perhaps have the discussion be based on logic and evidence. Hmmmm?

9. Kolaris

Kolaris Member

And how many Engineers need to go chasing after a smoking building just to find out its perfectly fine before it gets fixed?:confused:

If it can't be fixed, which I would understand, then something else has to be done so Engineers can know whats actually in need of repair.

10. o_O

o_O Member

Bring back the scout purple smoke until the healthy buildings smoking is fixed. Sometimes I see an entire base smoking and go to repair it only to find out, oh its at full health.

If it cant be fixed then we need a new indicator, unfortunately.