A Tale of Two Factions

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by LifesLemons, Dec 14, 2008.

1. LifesLemons

LifesLemons Member

Prologue
    NF Commander:Whadda you mean we're out of lead??!?!
    Eng:We're out sir.Our bunkers are empty,our supply depots exhausted,and our people cold,tired and hungry.
    NF Commander:Well.Mine more!
    Eng:We can barely sustain our forces now,In order to mine for lead,we'll have to take men from other important industrys,or from the front,into to mine service.Neither are good options sir.
    NF Commander:Than what do we do?
    Eng:An alternative perhaps?
    NF Commander:Whats your point?
    Eng:We could make our bullets out of a new substance,perhaps not as deadly or as accurate as its predecessor,but will have to do.We will also have to re-build all existing weapons and build replacements for the ones that can not be edited efficiently.
    NF Commander:And your suggestion to replace them with...?
    Eng:Frozen Red painballs.
    NF Commander:What?!?!?Are you insane!??!?!
    Eng:No sir,I'm completely sane.
    NF Commander:Than explain!
    Eng.You see,After our conquest of several BE training camps,we found that BE was useing paint ball ranges to train their soldiers in the art of war,thus,after capture their camps we were left with a huge lot of paintballs.And of course,BE wanted these paintball battles as realistic possible,so,they filled the balls with red paint.Although it may take 5-10 bullets to kill a well armored BE riflemen,one of these bullets can cause severe pain,and the red paint inside is often confused with blood,which may encourage the soldier to lay down his arms and wait for a medic retrieve him,effectively rendering him useless in the battlefield.
    NF Commander:A battle....fought with paintballs.What is this world coming to?
    Eng:There is a bright side however.
    NF Commander:| dont have all day!
    Eng:A violent revolutionary movement coupled with civil unrest has left most every ammuntion plant and mine in the Brenodi Empire empty,meaning they too must re-arm.Im guessing they might try the same thing.
    NF Commander:oh Andrew,how could I live without ya?
    Eng(Andrew):You couldnt,sir.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
    Oh god it's genius.

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Ha, better than mine.
    Now I know why the rifle are so shitty

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i think i broke a kidney over this, that or a bone... i heard something snap while laughing

maybe my sanity

5. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant :D

6. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

xD xD xD xD xD/5
    Sheer genius! And it would help to freeze the paintballs, too.

7. RKB53

RKB53 Member

bullets aren't made of lead anyway so they're fine

8. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

WRONG!
    Some bullets are made of lead. And, ofc, lead is poisonous, so it would be a better idea to use lead against your enemy (if lead bullets can penetrate their clothing/armor/etc.) instead of a non-poisonous metal.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

However, I don't believe many countries do these days due to the Geneva Convention. I may be wrong, but wouldn't lead bullets fall under biological/chemical/whatever-the-hell-lead-poisoning-is warfare?

10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Lead is the most basic bullet type there is... depending on quality u may add diffrent alloys and stuff...

the treaties pretty much said: no exploding shit, no poisoned (this means VENOM) or expanding bullets... this does not apply to anti-military equipment (tanks, aircrafts... u name it)... also incendiary bullets are an exception to these rules and may be used.

Now what about lead poisoning?

wiki says it the best.

what does this mean? it means u got a lead bullet in a long exposure with ur blood veins... no wonder that u get poisoned :P
    (Death from this is RARRRREEEEE)

heck, stick a wooden chip into ur lead joints and watch it take effect without removing it... it wont look pretty after some hours :P

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  11. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

ANYWAY...
    In that case, considering both factions use lead for basic bullets, there should be like a 0.000001% chance of lead poisoning, and it MAY injure you (1 point per 5 minutes?), and about a 0.000000000000000000001 chance of death (slow because it's lead poisoning; death in about, what, an hour?). In other words, unless you can stay alive an hour and get the heck shot out of you, death would be insanely prolonged.

12. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

but they don't they use frozen paintballs now...

13. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

*facepalm*
    I was referring to the actual game. Otherwise there would be an animation for dying of "bullets".

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

lead poisoning takes days if not weeks to progress to a severe stage

lets all remember the substance the romans used to build there water irrigation and city water supplies? they didnt die off en masse by lead poisoning