TF2 Medic Upgrades released

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by knighttemplar, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Even though I've had the game since it basically came out, I've only recently really started to play TF2. :)

2. Goose

Goose Member

No, Crits are based off the amount of damage you do to targets in a given time frame. If you damage alot of people very quickly, ala spam from rockets or grenades, then you have a better chance to crit. This promotes random spam and skill is less involved. Thank you.

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

Nice, 3 different explanations on how crits occur. Let's recap:

1. Player with skill gets more crits if on killing spree
    2. Player with no skill and gets more crits for being crap.
    3. Player with skill/no skill spamming everywhere gets more crits for spamming.

4. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I'll try and find that interview...

5. Goose

Goose Member

6. Goose

Goose Member

Well Number 1 and Number 3 is where the crit is.

The more damage you do over a small period, the higher percentage chance of a crit happening.

7. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Also, assists count towards them as well, which is why medics crit all the time.

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

The new update is out, but gold rush seems to crash alot (& for some reason the facial animations are acting weird), also rumors of servers crashing.

Well that was quick, they already fixed it. :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  9. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Bah! They nerfed all the achievements. Plus, you can just cheat to get the new weapons, by doing:
    "sv_cheat 1
    achievments_unlock_all"

in console. I was looking forward to having something hard to beat, and now there are cheaters running around tainting my achievements. :/

Gold Rush is definitely fun, but the map is a bit more memory intensive than most other maps, and supposedly it crashes servers.(I think it is probably just the fact that the servers are full, which is something many servers have never seen.)

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

And now you're learning us cheats :p

11. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

They removed that command today, and reset the achievements for the people who used it. The people that cheated will still get thier unlockables sooner because of the way achievements were reset though, I guess.

I'm a loser and already have 25 achievements done legitametly, but Doc is my favorite class and I NEED the Uber Bonesaw :D . If you play TF2 and want help with Family Practice, House Call, or really any of the achievements... --Or if you just want to add me for Empires, my steam friends is CobaltBlue. <-- Go figure.

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I got mine semi-legitimatly, on a private server farming them with friends. I still need 10 or so, but some of them are the easy ones and some I'll get in a pub anyway. I'm pretty hopeful I'll get all of them, cause the saw will be cool, but I was really hoping for the CritzKriege because that's a very strategic choice. The alt needlegun is very strong and worthwhile, but it doesn't change anything about gameplay. Although it makes it much easier to catch spys.

13. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

pharmacologist? ;)