Turret collision too big!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kamikazi Ice, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Nothing annoys me more than scouting and spot an engineer building a/many turrets and not being able to hit him because the turrets collision blocks it! I aim at the head, nothing is visually in the way, yet it hits the turret and not the player. Sometimes it will hit the player, and do no damage but leave a blood decal. So they run around with a headshot wound but no death! I think this should be fixed because if anything should provide cover, it's a wall.

2. gezor

gezor Member

poor engineers need the covar. snipers are evil.

joke aside, turret collision box should really be more accurate.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Nope, you had it right the first time gezor, engies need the cover. Sniping shouldn't be as easy as it is. I know it's frustrating as a scout to have a perfect headshot lined up only to hit an invisible box and blow your cover, but have some patence, the engi won't be there forever.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

It is lame to shoot and hit invisable parts.. Right now its mowtar shells and rifles man nades that kill those engys hiding behind turrets.. Its not a major problem but I would say atleast sometime in the future 3.0/4.0 make the turrets look as big as they really are.. or get rid of the invisable parts and make those engys use walls for covar

5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Nerf the scout rifle while they're at it. 3 body shots or two head shots for a kill. It's only fair. >:)

6. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

1 headshot should always be a kill, in any game. Unless the targeted head is somehow made of steel.

Engies do not need the cover. It is a battlefield, the only cover a battlefield should have is tanks, walls, and if fixed the smaller collision turrets. Seriously, the turrets collision is rediculously big! The engie can be two feet away and still do no damage!

7. Kamber

Kamber Member

I gotta side with the "reduce collision model" side of this argument, It's annoying as hell to start shooting at some one from behind a turret only to have the bullets hit an invisible wall.

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

If I remember correctly you could survive two head shots in CS if bought a Helmet+Kevlar set (& these guys are wearing helmets). But until then I will keep using turrets as offensive cover & pissing off scouts. Not to mention engy's can't build walls on all maps.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  9. gezor

gezor Member

this invisble wall is crap. really. dont call it a feature.

make the turrets bigger, when u want to have cover when crouching.
    if the collision box is smaller, the engineer can still prone behind the turret.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

More complex collision models = more lag, vehicles can get stuck in them.

11. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Then Vehicles shouldn't drive on them. They already get stuck as is. As for the lag, it's only laggy when it's REALLY complex. I'd be happy if it shrank just a little bit so it's more reasonable.

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can't stop people from driving onto them, and collision detection will always be laggy with complex models, even simple ones get laggy at high numbers of them.

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

There's noone saying it needs to be the same as the turrets looks. Just a little bit smaller at the top and the sides should do...

14. gezor

gezor Member

thats excatly what i wanted to say now ...

15. Goose

Goose Member

I am in favor of this suggestion, but if we are gonna shrink the mesh box around the turret we should shrink the hit box of the head of all scout targets to 0.

16. Silk

Silk Mapper

I say leave it be. It's hard enough to build a turret already because of the nades.

And seriously, whoever came up with this 'one shot kill' for empires deserves to be punished, even if it was krenzo.

17. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

headshots just do double damage, not insta kill. engineer and scout smg's don't kill with one headshot I believe.

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

Only the sniper i think.

But it's freaking annoying.

19. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I like the Headshot thing and it should be left alone. Headshots in any game, I don't care what it is, should do critical damage.

20. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well it'll get a critical nerf