Comp armour, except for the common soldier

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dannyboy, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Well, as you know composite armour is light, so why can't infantry use it aswell? like a smaller version.

I've noticed people don't rush for comp anymore because it's just like putting a vacuum cleaner in your wallet.

So it will maybe let people get comp armour as a second research?

Like composite materials -> composite tank armour & composite infantry armour.

Pros:

Allows armour change, which is what people have been talking about

It's already balanced because both sides can use it and riflemen are the only ones who can have armour so its equal

allows for riflemen to use their free skill space on another skill because their health has basicly increased

Cons:

Coding time

People may choose riflemen more than any other class

May add unbalance to the research

Alternatives:

People just use the health upgrade

People be more careful when in hostile territory and learn how to aim ^^

What do you think? and if you think of anymore Pros/Cons/Alternatives just post them so I can add them to the list :D ^^ :p

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Because all sides can use it doesnt mean its balanced.

If the people that choose riflemen, more than any other
    class, are scout players than its a good thing.

But why not infantry research for the win ^^

3. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

It should be balanced. because it can be used against both sides and has to be researched by both sides.

4. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I agree. I want more infantry upgrades! Grenadiers have their upgrades, so why not Riflemen, who are essentially Tanks and Support units.

Eventually I think all infantry need their own upgrade.
    Ex:
    Engineers -> Improved turrets (MLs become plasma/MGs become DU Rounds)
    Scouts -> New sniper rifle with better accuracy while prone OR different rounds (armor peircing anyone?)
    Riflemen -> Armor upgrades
    Grenadiers -> Improved rockets. (Done)

The upgrades are up to the dev but personally, Armor Peircing rounds might give the scout more purpose.

5. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

armour peircing rounds would make the sniping scout more effective which is what the devs are really trying to avoid.

6. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

More effective? The sniper friggin sucks right now! At least make it easier to aim when prone, I mean I hate having a sniper rifle, being prone and missing someones head because it decides it wants to edge up just a tiny bit at the last second.

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The scout is not a sniper! Get it right.
    Also, although more infantry upgrades are good, having armor, no matter how heavy or light, makes you slow, and would make faster infantry units outrun the protected ones.

8. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Well, it's still used as a sniper. I don't think that will change. They don't want a sniper they should toss the sniper rifle all together.

9. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

It isn't a sniper rifle though, its just a plain Scoped rifle, and solokiller you was a Developer in your title, now your a mapper :eek:

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

its not a sniper rifle. Its a 5 round bolt action carbine with a scope.

if you want to make a scout better via research focus on scouting abilities. its not a sniper class, its based around stealth and infiltration. Fitting abilities would be things like allowing scouts to disguise as random bits of scenery, like rocks, bushes, or trees. Or a small but noticable unarmed rover-type drone that can be controlled remotely (range limitations though) and used for scouting. Another thing that would be interesting would be to research a secondary type of binoculars: laser targeting. this allows the scout to, in the event of an emergency, redirect all friendly turrets in the area to attack the marked target.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  11. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Like I said. It's still used as a sniper.

12. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Used as! not is.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

so by your logic, I can add a scope to a shotgun, use it like a sniper rifle, and then technically its a sniper rifle. Get your facts straight or shut the fuck up.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It was changed so you'd know that i'm a mapper, and not somebody who does level design, modeling, sound design, and coding altogether.

15. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I don't think that was necessary at all. And by my logic, when a RIFLE is equiped with a scope and is able to shoot accuratly at long range, it is a sniper rifle.

ADD:
    Dictionary definition:
    To Snipe - to shoot at individuals as opportunity offers from a concealed or distant position.
    Concealed or distant. Not buckshot closerange anal rape.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If it was a sniper rifle you could camp on the other side of a map and snipe people, which you can't, so it's not a sniper rifle.

17. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

That's the first intelligent reply so far. I give you kudos. But that does not put aside the fact that it is used as a sniper.

18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you've ever played games like COD4 or SMOD, then you'll have used ironsights. You will also have noticed that some weapons have scopes on them, and that you can use them.
    In this case the bolt-action rifle has a scope on it, which you use as ironsights.
    The swaying, and need for stamina show that you're trying to use it like a sniper rifle but can't, due to the fact that it wasn't built for that purpose, so any use as a sniper rifle is being lucky.

19. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

I can use it quite accurately as a sniper rifle, but I turn down my sensitivity down to 2.5-3.0 for increased accuracy.

because I don't over shoot my target, and you have to aim for the jaw off someone to get a headshot as the hitboxes are abit short >.>

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

OMG stop that.

You can call it water gun and it makes no difference.
    Devs said: "No way to make the rifle with the scope of the scout more
    effective at long range". And even if you suggest to give him rocket propelled
    homing cows of doom, if they make the scout better at distance than no way.

I thinks thats the way the devs want it, correct me if im wrong.

Back on topic:

Why should body armor make you slow?
    Its the future and fuck reality