[spoilers] cloverfield monster....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sonata Arctica, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

2. ArsonFire

ArsonFire Member

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

heh. That movie looked dumb to me, but that monster looks funny, especially if it is reminiscent of good old Zoidie. Maybe I'll see it if my friends laugh at it enough.

4. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Everyone laughed at the ending, I tell you that.

The little parasites that fell off the monster to me looked like a cross between zerglings and something from Tremors.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

its the mobile oppression palace...

Nah but really.. HOLLYWOOD SUCKS! There is no such thing as good movies anymore....

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I Am Legend

that movie rocked

7. thaile

thaile Member

To true most movies today are remakes of old ones, or loosely based on some book or another. Take, I am legend.. the only thing that's the same between the book and movie is the name.

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I had to watch this shit on the stairs since you cant watch it close to the screen the camera will just make you go reatrded...

The ending was messed up... at the end someone screamed "What the fuck!" at the back... Which was shared by everone in the theatre...

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I thought that it was okay. The only likable character was Hud, though... Everyone else was kinda bland.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

The only thing I liked about this movie was the unknown actors..

Im so tierd of seeing the same people play different rolls.. I cant get into a movie like that

11. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I actually liked it alot. It did the Monster movie right for the first fracking time. OH NO!!! Godzilla is attacking, yet from what angle the camera usually is in (birds eye view), he might as well be a small lizard. It gets the chaos which is the most fun of any monster movie.

No, Hollywood isn't getting worse (entierly, there are some pretty bad movies), our expectations are just getting too big becuase we've seen it all before. Its hard to improve upon something thats been improved upon tremendously over and over again in the last couple decades.

12. Kamber

Kamber Member

anyone else think the small ones look alot like zerglings?

13. SgtCiof

SgtCiof Member

I can't find out where I saw this, but at the end of the movie during or after the credits you'll hear someone say, "help us" Or something close to it. If you play this backwards you'll hear, "It's still alive". Guess we're looking at a trilogy.

14. [C9] Cobramaster

[C9] Cobramaster Member

at the end i heard Rob Hawkins say that it was alive. And the little ones were like a mix between zerglings, antlions and the ALIENS alien. Also why didnt Rob keep the crowbar he used to get the soda machine open with.

15. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I just watched this movie tonight at midnight and this guy farted when everybody thought they all died in the helicopter crash. it was hilarious

good movie

16. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

It pissed off evryone that I know becuase it killed them at the end.

Are you so entrenched in what you think a movie should be that it'll make you emmotionally angry if the good guys don't always live by a hair follicle every movie ever made?

17. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Well, I don't mind if all the good guys die, it actually makes the book even better (Harry Potter).

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Its just the ending left you hanging on the "Good Part" I mean... Cmon... Someone nukes a city and you dont get to see it? Boo! :p

Yes the small aleins look like a bastard child of a zergling and an antlion...

The big alien thing, I was sitting on the bottom (Or on the stairs) so I never really got a good look at it

19. katana9000

katana9000 Member

I just saw this movie last night. After it was over a guy stood up and said to the rest of the theater that it was the worst movie ever. (Apparently this guy never went to see "The Hulk".) Personnaly, (And I'm gonna get crap thrown at me for saying this...) I liked it. And even though I hated it when the camera guy didn't point the damn thing where I wanted to look... It added something to the movie, it felt more like I was in the middle of it rather than watching it happen from far off.

PS: I wanted to beat the living crap out of the "main character" for trying to go "rescue" the bi**h that slept with another guy. What a freaking moron. I'd would had been "So long, don't let giant parasites bite you in the a** on your skydive to hell." But thats just me. :D