Eve Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by decemberscalm, Dec 30, 2007.

1. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

so I couldnt find the old Eve Online thread from ages ago (possibly on the old forum). Im thinking about buying it for a year, and am playing the trial right now. Any comments or anybody that wants to help me fill a tiny hole in this massive universe?

2. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Well, Get into it. the 14 day trial isnt enough time. I have been playing for 10 months (ALMOST 10 million SP...9.6SP right now).

PVP is ALOT of fun.

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I used two trials and got out of it because I really don't want to pay at it and also it is too slow phased for me.

You lock on someone, do circles around him and you either win or lose with all kinds of weapons you have.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

I would probably play if I wasn't dirt poor. :skull:

5. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Actually. I think I used up 3 trials. :p

6. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I've played it, I really like it for two days and really like it. I think Im going to throw in for a year. Anyone want to hook up on it? So far I've been mining and etc.

7. Sayton

Sayton Member

I'm not playing another MMO until Darkfall is released. But EVE seems to be one of the better ones out there right now, if only you weren't forced to play as space ships. :headshot:

8. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I like it becuase any retarded prick trying it would get confused first thing, quit and go play WoW. It requires a small degree of intelligent thought unlike every other mmo.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

December whats your ingame nick? Mine is Shionn (All the normal sounding ones are already taken...)

Im also thinking of paying for the game for a couple of months and then paying the time fee with ISK... it is just 180kk; the people in the corps say that, that money is pocket change once you are high up in a corp...

I tried it long time ago... Guess I was too small and stupid to understand it, but right now, I absolutley love it...

10. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

God, I love that game. I'd buy the thing if I had enough money... I don't know how many trials i've used up already.

11. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Drop me an Eve-mail, my Nick is Kylegar (Or Kira Agarn, but Im mostly on Kylegar)

12. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

i played it for 6 months and i really enjoyed it ! the part i enjoyed most was the political aspect . i was a member of a pretty popular german corp named GALKO and we kinda kicked several other big corp´s (es) asses (like the goonfleet or the whole fucking goon alliance thing the goonswarm)
    and there were always some political thingies going on.so one of the biggest aspects of the game is teampaly cause if youre just some lonewolf miner who sits in his mining barge all the time then ... well you kinda missed the whole purpose of the game ^^
    (sorry for bad language or typing im kinda wasted... new years eve oi^^)

13. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Happy New Years EVE everyone! (pun intended)

14. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

My character name is Song Slave, hit me up. Working on getting my cruiser. So far me and my brother (ahh the joy of gaming while in college) have been mining with an industrial to haul and help mine while the other mines constantly with drones and lasers. But the fun thing is were bassically power playing becuase we use both accounts no matter if only one of us is playing. Makes the gold come in alot faster, and it also helps that we basically have a shared account when it comes to purchasing new ships and such.

15. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Hah, than wanna give me and Shizon some start moneys? ^^.

16. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Im crack salvaging lvl 1's right now... 12 million baby :)

By the way... Just got drones for my Omen, and I want to hug those darned little buggers, annoying friggates go bye bye, my lazorz go Pew Pew!

17. AlexCA117

AlexCA117 Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  18. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Been playing eve for 2.5 yeras or so with some other of the old testers in Empiresmod corp, and i totaly kick Alex ass

19. AlexCA117

AlexCA117 Member

You live in empire, thus automatically you fail. :D

20. Deiform

Deiform Member

I used to play up until recently. If only the days were 36 hours long I would play again, but it takes up sooooo much time to do everything you want to do.

I had a near complete set of t1 BPOs though and 5bil in cash (owner of the Khanid alliance if you know much about the RP alliances). Not much in the grand scheme of things, but it's enough for a research POS and single freighter load of battleships per day.