Upcoming Patch

Discussion in 'News' started by Krenzo, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

A grungier texture for the NF ones wouldn't go amiss.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

wow the walls dont look ugly anymore :D maybe people will spam them even more now :(

Is it only grens RPGs or can the mowtar get upgraded? Im thinking its gonna be overpowered... A team of grens will be stronger then a team of a tanks and they wont cost anything? that doesnt seem right

3. pedro0930

pedro0930 Member

The new features will be tested as the dev mentioned...So let us have faith they will find a way to balance infantry research out. (Maybe spawning with upgraded RPG cost res? who knows)

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ohh question... Will the walls look like they used to when people turn the quality low? The walls look like they may take more processing for those poor losers who don't have good cards like some of us. No problem for me but, ya do have to watch out for thoes cry babies.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The mortar won't get upgraded because it's fine as is and is not for taking out tanks. The RPG is for taking out tanks. The research should cost more than any other because of how helpful it will be.

The walls have LODs.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Until the tank uses HE and chaingun and the grenadier dies in two shots, then a rifleman comes along and pwns the rest of the team

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

untill 2 grens hide behind a corner with mines covering any way for the tanks to advance while randomly poppin around the corner and hitting it with rpgs

I would need to test this to show you how over powered it could be.. but im sure a way to make it balanced will be found.. I just think a team that researchs this and then saves up for nukes or somthing while the whole team goes gren would be a winning/overpowered tactic.. and like krenzo said it will cost alot.. but if it costs too much then no one will even use it

I think a gren is(if hes good) deadly enough as is but with say 6 of them and upgraded rpgs.. man.. :headshot:

8. Rexz

Rexz Member

Grape, if 6 of any class that are experienced work together, they can pretty much rape anything comming to them. It take skill to be powerful, having skill does not make you over power the enemy unlegitly.

The RPG right now does 80 dmg, that's not even enough to take out a normal infantry.

9. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

umm..... how do you use those match demos? :confused:

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

If I was in a tank(over even a jeep) and saw 6 people of any class other then gren I would get 6 easy kills.. And the rpg does 100 damage enough to kill any infantry with out health ups.. You werent around for HSM's APC rushs which would have around 6 grens that would kill an entire base and cv with in a minute

I dont dislike making the grens better but I think I fully understand the power they have more then most people

save them in the emp directory load up the game and in console type startdemos "whatever the demo is called"

11. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Would it be possible to make the wall gibs collide with each other, so that when the wall collapses due to an engineer tool or something the pieces don't just fall through one another?

12. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

mmmmh, infantery research....
    /me has sehks with teh radar

13. Goose

Goose Member

I actually find more grenadiers using mortar to kill an enemy vehicle rather than a missile. Missiles just seem like they are too easy to move out of the way from.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

thats why the speed and damage was increased... If they can move out of the way then your shooting from too far away

15. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Will the damaged models for dead buildings be included in this patch?

16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

just exactly how much/what is changed about RPG rounds with the upgrade? Is it just damage that is increased, and if so, by how much? Is speed, or some other factor increased? Will it affect all armors the same? Etc etc etc.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I find mortar fairly unreliable at range, because even if you get exactly the right spot, that presumes he doesn't change direction or speed or stop. It is easier in some ways because it's a lot harder for enemy tanks to judge if it's gunna hit them

18. munky91

munky91 Member

I hope the missile upgrade doesn't make rocket sniping bases super deadly.

19. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

^ I was thinking the same thing.

Dubee, the way it'll probably be set up is that either A) You go straight through the tech tree for the super-expensive infantry research while they get mediums/heavies with regen/absorbant/whatever and HE, or B) You get the same and 2 or 3 mediums equipped with that. I think that is balanced, due to the fact that you have completely crappy paper tanks in the duration that research is going and while you are waiting for enough resources to research it. Plus, the enemy can add in a rifleman or two with their tanks and completely own the grens then move the tanks past. Maybe they couldn't own you Dubee, but they could probably own the other grens that would be helping you.

Let's see what happens though.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

we'll see how it plays out.. I already know krenzo can make the damage up not affect buildings but I would like it to be increased a little bit..

But we'll find out soon enough

I hope some day to get an HE shell mowtar.. that would be insane