I have stuff to write here, but we're going to do most of the news postings tomorrow morning. In the meantime, changelog:
+ Tank weapons can now be reloaded mid way through a clip (will dump the remaining ammo from the clip).
+ Shortcuts to select class in the class selection menu. E, G, R, S will now select Engineer, Grenadier, Rifleman and Scout appropriately whilst in the class menu.
+ Added new HTML based news panel.
+ Added a splash screen to replace the launcher window on game start.
+ Mappers can now place engineer cameras in their maps (only partially working, they need built when the map starts and nf cameras display the BE model.)
+ New server command to instantly start sudden death: emp_sv_enable_sudden_death (1/0).
* Empires can now be launched if installed on a separate drive from Source SDK Base 2007 (using the Steam library feature).
* Zoom-out effect when switching rifleman weapons after using ironsight zoom.
* News panel in main screen could be duplicated when changing resolution.
* Players health could be displayed as being below 0HP after they died.
* Pacifist achievement could be gained by any player with 0 kills at the end of the round. It is now only awarded to the player with 0 kills and the highest points.
* Multiple mortar shells can now be fired at once.
* Bots can no longer earn achievements.
* Northern Faction Heavy Machine Gun would drain stamina at the incorrect rate.
* Mortar rounds could pass through Brenodi Empire Heavy tank at some angles.
* Fixed issue where empires could fail to start on some computers with multiple steam accounts.
* Map name label is now visible whilst in spectate.
* Revive icons no longer appear in the sky for unspawned players when playing as revive engineer.
* Fixed issue where wages may not update after building vehicles.
* Sticky grenades can no longer damage friendly vehicles.
* Wrong skills will no longer be shown in class menu.
* When re-customising a vehicle using a repair pad your team no longer needs the resources for the full value of the tank. It now correctly requires only the value of the changes.
* Highlight boxes when mousing over some selection boxes were too large.
* Destroyed Northern Faction APCs now have the correct texture.
* Missing rock and water textures on emp_slaughtered.
* When maximum rank is reached (commander) the next rank (in class selection menu) will read max instead of always reading commander.
* Engineers would not get second turret/camera after 4th rank.
* Squad aura was still applied whilst squad leader was dead.
* Bio weapon damage fixed. It was using the absolute world coordinates of the initial damage as the reference point to apply damage.
* Requests for health/ammo/repairs should now be clearly visible on the minimap.
* Fixed missing minimaps on emp_arid and emp_glycencity for some players.
* APC's would still heal their occupants during sudden death.
* Launcher will now exit even if user doesnt click ok in dialogue box / game exits unexpectedly.
* Using imperial instead of metric units for speedometer (available in options menu) now persists after Empires has been restarted.
* Selecting pistols could sometimes affect the selection of skills.
/ Updated Empires manual.
/ Updated emp_palmbay.
/ Updated emp_bush.
/ Updated emp_crossroads.
/ Updated emp_escort.
/ Updated emp_slaughtered.
/ Lowered emp_streetsoffire resource rate by 50%.
/ Increased tickets for emp_mvalley, emp_duststorm and emp_cyclopean.
/ Tweaked opacity of water on emp_cyclopean.
/ Improved lighting on some tree/bush models.
/ Updated local 'Create Server' menu to say Empires 2.41 instead of 2.2 as the default server name.
Upgraded Grenades - Research time: 20 -> 60.
Reactive - HP: 100 -> 120.
Composite - HP: 70 -> 80.
Fission - Max Speed: -5 mph to all chassis types.
Fission - Moving Heat Dissipation: 12 -> 8.
Coolant - Stationary Heat Dissipation: 9 -> 8.
Rail Gun - Clip size: 25 -> 30.
BE Heavy - Max Missile launchers: 2 -> 3.
NF Heavy - Max Missile launchers: 3 -> 5.
BE/NF Pistol 1 - Falloff: 1500 -> 1000.
NF Shotgun Pistol - Headshot modifier: 2.0 -> 1.6.
BE Heavy Pistol - Damage: 55 -> 60.
BE Heavy Pistol - Falloff: 600 -> 1000.
BE Heavy Pistol - RoF: 0.25 -> 0.20.
BE Heavy Pistol - Headshot Modifier: 2.0 -> 1.8.
BE Heavy Pistol - Moving accuracy modifiers: Standing -~70%, Ducking -50%, Prone -50% (Not that you can shoot whilst moving prone anyway).
NF Heavy Rifle - Damage: 32 -> 35.
BE Assault Rifle - Damage: 25 -> 30.
BE Assault Rifle - Spawn Mags: 3 -> 4.
BE Assault Rifle - Max Mags: 6 -> 7.
- Automatic spawn selection.
Plus, in case you didn't know, Valve fixed the issue with people not being able to start the game. 20% of players may have to reinstall to fix that though.